Legh R. Scott, Jr. ’46, longtime Atlanta physician and cofounder of Northside Hospital, passed away July 14, after complications from recent surgery. He was 86 years old. Scott, the son and grandson of Presbyterian ministers, was born on July 21, 1922, in Valdosta, Ga. As a teenager, his family moved to Goldsboro, N.C., where he graduated from high school in 1939 before enrolling in Davidson. Scott’s college career, like many of his generation, was interrupted by World War II, during which he served with distinction as a first lieutenant in the U.S. Third Army in Europe. He was awarded the Purple Heart for wounds received in combat, as well as commendations for leadership and bravery. At the time of his final hospitalization, he proudly reported as part of his medical history the presence of “Nazi hardware” in his leg. Scott returned to Davidson following the war, where he graduated with honors. He attended Emory University’s School of Medicine, graduating with honors in 1950. Following his residencies, Scott opened his medical practice in Atlanta, specializing in internal medicine. During his almost 40-year career, he was an integral part of the Atlanta medical community, and mentor to countless young doctors. He was also part of a group of visionary physicians whose efforts, beginning in 1962, led to the founding of Northside Hospital, today one of Atlanta’s leading hospitals. Scott was a long-standing member of Northwest Presbyterian Church, where he served as a deacon and elder, and he enjoyed playing golf and socializing with his many friends. He is survived by his wife of 55 years, Martha Jo Craven Scott, 1260 Hightower Trl., Apt. 302, Atlanta, GA 30350-6260; children, Neal C. Scott (Debra), David J. Scott, and Martha S. Swain (Bruce); three grandchildren, Margaret A. Swain, William W. Swain, and Josephine N. Swain; and his sister, Margaret S. Cathey.