Charles F. Hamrick ’36 of Asheville, N.C., and Delray Beach, Fla., died on July 11. Born in Gaffney, S.C., in 1915, he was the son of the late Waite C. and Florence Martin Hamrick.
He graduated from Davidson College in 1936, and was associated in the textile business with Hamrick Mills until 1939, when he joined Hamrick’s sales agency, Wilson and Bradbury in New York City, where he was president for twenty-five years.
He served as a lieutenant in the U.S. Navy in the Philippine Islands from 1943–46. He was a resident of New York City for the balance of his textile career, retiring in 1986, and moving his residence to Delray Beach, Fla., where he was a member of First Presbyterian Church.
His summer home was in Asheville, and even in retirement he continued to serve as a director of The Fullerton Foundation and Hamrick Mills.
Survivors include his wife of sixty-seven years, Marguerite Darnell Hamrick, 7 Bourne Ln., Asheville, N.C. 28803-2953; daughter, Elaine Shields, her husband, Day, and their children, Samantha and Charles; and daughter, Pamela Huber and her husband, Dan; and sisters, Florence Hamrick Reaves and Mary Waite Hamrick McLeod. He was preceded in death by his brothers, Waite C. Hamrick, Jr. and John Martin Hamrick.