Lawton William “Bill” Cleveland, Jr. ’51 passed away on June 15, 2007. Dedicated to his family and friends, he pursued a wide variety of interests, and his life was marked by service to others. From 1951 to 1953, he served with the U.S. Army. In 1988, he retired from Burlington Industries, after thirty-five years. For over forty years, Bill was a member of Westminster Presbyterian Church, where he served as a deacon and an elder. He also worked with Salem Presbytery in the area of new church development. An Eagle Scout as a boy, he served as scoutmaster and filled other volunteer positions for many years of his adult life. In 1970, he was awarded the Silver Beaver Award of distinguished service. Other volunteer activities included working for the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program and Habitat for Humanity. He loved the outdoors, and sailing, hunting, golfing, and fishing were among his favorite activities. In recent years, he enjoyed traveling with his wife Sue to Israel, the Greek Isles, and various national parks across the U.S. An avid reader and writer, he enjoyed researching his family genealogy. At Davidson, he was a member of Pi Kappa Phi fraternity. He was preceded in death by his first wife, Ann Vann Cleveland. Survivors include his wife of eighteen years, Mary Sue Cleveland, 5410 Tory Hill Rd., Greensboro, N.C. 27410; three daughters, Rose Ann Cleveland, Lynn Jackson, Vanessa Messenheimer; stepson, Frankie Jones; four grandchildren; two nephews; and many other relatives and friends.