Caspar L. “Cas” Woodbridge, 93, of Hanover Township, entered the nearer presence of his Lord on Saturday, March 14, 2015. He and his wife, Helen L. (Desh) Woodbridge, shared 57 years of marriage. Born in Philadelphia, he was the son of the late Caspar L. and Elizabeth (Wilson) Woodbridge.
During his first 3 years at Davidson College in North Carolina, he became a member of Phi Beta Kappa Society. Cas then enlisted in the Army and was commissioned to 2nd Lieutenant. He was assigned to the 97th Infantry Division as Platoon Leader and was on the front line in Czechoslovakia at the end of 1945. After the war, he served a year in Japan. In 1947, Cas graduated from Davidson College with a B.S. in Physics.
He received a scholarship to continue his education at Penn State University, where he earned a Master’s Degree in 1949 and a PhD in 1952, both in Physics. Cas worked for EI DuPont in Delaware, HRB in Pennsylvania and later for Mitre Corporation in Virginia as a technical consulting representative for the Departments of Defense and Transportation.
After retirement in 1984, Cas learned clock making and repair at Bowman Technical Institute in Lancaster, where he later volunteered for 20 years in the maintenance and documentation of the clock Collection. In Bethlehem, Cas also offered his expertise to the Moravian Museum, Historical Bethlehem Incorporated, the Moravian Historical Society and was a member of NAWCC. He was a member of the Central Moravian Church of Bethlehem.
Survivors: his loving wife Helen; sons, Robert D. and his wife Anne of Columbus, IN, David R. and his wife Lori of Mingo Junction, OH and John W. of Detroit, MI; grandsons, Timothy and his wife Julie of Bloomington, IN and Brian of Columubs, IN.
Services: Memorial services will be held at 10 AM on Monday, March 23 in the Old Chapel of Central Moravian Church, Heckewelder Place, with a luncheon immediately following. Burial will be held at Ft. Indiantown Gap National Cemetery in Annville, PA. Arrangements are entrusted to the Long Funeral Home, Bethlehem.
Contributions: in lieu of flowers, may be made to the Central Moravian Church (for the Tanzanian Well Fund), 73 W. Church Street, Bethlehem, PA 18018.