Wallace M. Gamble ’43, formerly of Davidson, N.C., died Aug. 29 at the home of his nephew, Bill Gamble. He was born Jan. 29, 1922 in Davidson, a son of the late Joseph G. and Connie Williamson Gamble. He was a graduate of Davidson, and he retired as an administrative supervisor at the Mooresville plant of Burlington Industries. During WWII, he served as a Navy lieutenant (J.G.) in Europe and Asia. He was a lifelong member of Davidson College Presbyterian Church, where he served as a deacon and elder. Gamble had over 50 years of membership in North Mecklenburg Post 86, which gave Lake Norman YMCA its first home and gave Legion Park to Cornelius. For the Davidson Lions Club, he was treasurer for many years and president for two terms. Gamble was a past district governor for Lions District 31-C and was a Jack Stickley and Melvin Jones Fellow. He loved to garden and to share his flowers and vegetables. Gamble was one of the founders and contributors in starting The Pines at Davidson and provided the location for the new St. Albans’s Episcopal Church. In his mother’s honor, he established a book fund in her name at Davidson College, as she had been a schoolteacher. Surviving are his brother, Joseph G. Gamble ’38, 11602 Savannah Dr., Fredericksburg, VA 22407-9105; sister-in-law, Sue M. Gamble; nephew, Bill Gamble; and five nieces, Connie Koch, Cecelia Grosse Ray, Nancy Grosse Kelley, Mary Grosse Snizer, and Elizabeth Gamble Bryant. He was preceded in death by sisters, Laura M. Gamble, Mary E. Gamble, and Hilda G. Grosse (late husband, William Maurice Grosse, Jr. ’43), and brother, Wayne W. Gamble ’48. Memorials may be made to Connie Williamson Gamble Library Fund at Davidson College Library, Box 7200, Davidson, NC 28035-7200.