James L. Anderson, Jr. ’40, 90, of Greenville, S.C., died June 10. Born in Greenville on Sept. 2, 1919, he was the son of the late James Leland Anderson 1903 and Alline Matheson Anderson. Anderson received his B.S. degree from Davidson and his M.D. degree from Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Ga. He fulfilled an internship and a residency in internal medicine at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta and a senior residency in internal medicine at Macon Hospital in Macon, Ga. During WWII, he served as a medical officer in the U.S. Army and returned to Greenville in 1948 to join his father in the practice of medicine. He continued in the practice of medicine with his son until his retirement in 1994. He was a member of the American Medical Association, the South Carolina Medical Association, and the Greenville County Medical Association. He served his church, both First Presbyterian Church of Greenville and Westminster Presbyterian Church of Greenville, as deacon and Bible teacher. Also, he served his community through civic and community organizations. Surviving are his wife, Virginia Anderson, 42 Round Pond Rd., Greenville, SC 29607-3717; three sons, J. L. Anderson III ’69, Michael M. Anderson, and Steven B. Anderson; three grandchildren, John L. Anderson, Laura M. Anderson, and Julie Anderson Pittman; and one great-grandchild, Noah L. Anderson.