George Hanscom Wilson ’39, a brigadier general in the Air Force Reserve, died February 11, 2007, at The Virginian retirement community in Fairfax. He served in the Army Air Forces during World War II, then owned an insurance company in Macon, Ga. He served in the Air Force Reserve from 1958 to 1973, and his unit was mobilized twice. When he retired, he was the longest-serving wing commander in the Air Force. He was born in Booneville, Miss., and attended Davidson College until enlisting in the Army Air Forces. He was a pilot instructor at Maxwell Field in Alabama and also flew B-29s at Tinian in the Pacific Theater. He was discharged with the rank of lieutenant colonel, after working as deputy inspector for operations in Guam. After operating his insurance company for twelve years, he returned to the Reserve. When he retired in 1973, he was working full time as base commander of Dobbins Air Reserve Base in Georgia and wing commander of the 403rd Tactical Airlift Wing. Among his military awards were the Legion of Merit and a Meritorious Service medal. He and his wife traveled around the United States in a motor home for several months, then shipped it to Europe and drove it there for two years. Upon their return, they lived for eight years in Marietta, Ga. In 1983, they moved to The Virginian. He was a past president of the residents’ association there and was a member of Providence Presbyterian Church in Fairfax. He also enjoyed photography and staged slide shows for civic and garden clubs in Northern Virginia. Survivors include his wife of sixty-three years, Alma Tucker Wilson, 9229 Arlington Blvd Apt. 506, Fairfax, Va. 22031-2536; a daughter, Sherry Wilson Brown of Alexandria; a sister; and a brother.