William Hugh Hamilton, Jr., M.D., ’41, of Spartanburg, S.C., died July 12, 2006. He received his degree from the Medical College of South Carolina in September 1944. Dr. He interned and completed his first residency in internal medicine in St. Louis, Mo., City Hospital. He served in the U.S. Army Medical Corps as Chief of Medicine, 250th Station Hospital, Regensburg, Germany, 1946-1948. He returned to Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, Ga., for his residency in pathology for one year and then finished two years of internal medicine residency at the Lawson V.A. Hospital under Emory University School of Medicine before beginning practice in Spartanburg, S.C. He was recalled to active duty with the U.S. Army Medical Corps as chief of cardiology and chief of gastroenterology at Ft. Bragg Army Hospital, 1950-1951. He founded Piedmont Internal Medicine Association of Spartanburg, S.C. He organized, developed, and directed Pulmonary Function Laboratory and Respiratory and Inhalation Therapy Services for Spartanburg General Hospital and Mary Black Hospital. He brought twelve-lead electrocardiography to Spartanburg. A member of the First Presbyterian Church of Spartanburg and the Men’s Bible Class, he was a ruling elder in the Presbyterian Church, U.S., since 1953. He was commissioner from Enoree Presbytery to the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church, U.S., in 1955. For many years he was an active member of the choir of the First Presbyterian Church. He was a member of the Jaycees, Sertoma, SPEBSQSA, Spartanburg County Medical Society, South Carolina Medical Association, American Medical Association, American Diabetes Association, American Thoracic Society, American Society of Internal Medicine, S.C. Thoracic Society, and numerous others. He was a devoted husband, father, grandfather, and friend; and an avid fisherman, golfer, photographer, and woodcrafter. Survivors include his wife, Nanette Sherard Hamilton, 110 Summit Hills Dr. Apt. 207, Spartanburg, S.C. 29307-1544, whom he married in 1945; two daughters, Sheree Ansley of Spartanburg, S.C. and Paige Parsons and her husband Clifford D. Parsons of Columbia, S.C.; a son, the Rev. Dr. W. H. Hugh Hamilton, III and his wife Sandy of Pensacola, Fla.; and seven grandchildren.