The Rev. Dr. George M. Walker ’53 of Meherrin, Va., died March 17, 2006. He earned his master of divinity degree at Princeton and doctor of ministry from Austin Theological Seminary. He began his career in 1956 by serving as chaplain to the workers for Peter Kiewit & Co. while Thule Air Force Base was being built in Greenland. He served churches in Austin and Albany, Texas, Casper Wyo., Tacoma, Wash., and Bethlehem and Douglas Presbyterian Churches in the Abilene-Throckmorton, area from 1993 to 1997. After retirement, he continued to serve as stated supply for Drakes Branch Presbyterian Church, Herman PC in Saxe, Cumberland PC, Wyllesburg and Chase City churches. He served on various key committees of Presbytery while at Texas, Wyoming, and Washington He also served on the board for three Presbyterian Retirement Homes in Washington and was president of the board upon his retirement. He founded an organization in 1991 named Shared Housing Services in Tacoma, Wash., and was pleased to see it become a success over the past fifteen years. His survivors include his wife of thirty-four years, Ruth F. Walker, 2260 New Bethel Rd., Meherrin, Va., 23954-2810; a son George W. “Bill” Walker (Sandra); three daughters, Kathy A. Walker (Mike Braught), Vicki R. Walker (Matt Pollock), and Kerri E. Walker; and grandchildren, George and Alexis Walker, Hannah Elizabeth and Sarah Grace Braught.