Patrick Henry Hobson, Jr. ’41, died November 18, 2005. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II and was discharged as a major in 1945. He received a doctorate in chemistry from UNC. He was a research chemist for American Viscose/Chemstrand in Decatur Ala. He moved to Chapel Hill in 1961 and became a manager at Chemstrand/Monsanto in Research Triangle Park. In 1976, he moved to St. Louis, Mo., where he continued to work for Monsanto until his retirement. He retired to Chapel Hill and was a founding member of the Church of Reconciliation and served as elder and clerk of session. He was an active member of the Choral Society of Durham for more than twenty-five years. He was a trustee of Davidson College and charter member of the Chapel Hill Tennis Club. He was preceded in death by his wife, Lydia “Pete” Hobson, whom he married in 1947. Survivors include three sons, Henry Hobson, 1671 Golf Course Rd., Sparta, N.C. 28675; Edwin Hobson of Chapel Hill; and Kenneth Hobson of Norman, Okla.; a daughter, Shirley Colpitts of Durham; two sisters, Carolyn Cartwright of Moab, Utah, and Louise Callaghan of Charlotte; two brothers, Fred Hobson of Charlotte and J. Richard Hobson ’53 of Black Mountain; five grandchildren.