William ”Bill” Edgar Perdew , 93, of Wilmington, NC, died on Saturday, May 25, 2013 at his residence. He was born on May 29, 1919 in Wilmington, the son of John William Perdew and Florence Renneker Perdew. Mr. Perdew is survived by his wife Margaret (Peggy) Moore Perdew, his sister Kathryn (Kay) Perdew White Minnick, niece June White Ingram, nephew Jack (Kathy) Dunn and niece Florence (Thomas) Harvey and numerous great nieces and nephews. He was pre-deceased by nephew Charles Ellis White and niece Kathyrn Perdew White.
He graduated from New Hanover High School in 1936 and received his undergraduate degree from Davidson College (Phi Beta Kappa). Following his service during WWII in the U.S. Air Corps, Captain Perdew attended Harvard Business School, receiving his MBA degree in 1947. He was partner in the firm of Brand, Perdew, Joyner and Rhyne for many years, then later associated with R.S.M. McGladrey.
Mr. Perdew served as President of the N.C. Association of CPA’s and has been a President, Chairman, Director or Treasurer of numerous area civic, community and professional organizations, including the Historic Wilmington Preservation Foundation, Inc., The Lower Cape Fear Historical Society, Cape Fear Area United Way, Cape Fear Museum, Oakdale Cemetery Board, Cape Fear Community Foundation, North Carolina American Institute, Mid-Atlantic States CPA organizations, The Salvation Army Advisory Board and the Wilmington Civitan Club.
He has faithfully served his church, First Presbyterian, in numerous leadership capacities for many years, including the Presbyterian Counseling Center, Flynn Christian Home and served on a committee for Bible Study in the area public schools. The family will be receiving condolences at the home.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 11a.m. at First Presbyterian Church with burial following at Oakdale Cemetery. Memorials may be made to First Presbyterian Church, The Salvation Army or charity of ones choice. Condolences may be sent to the family at www.andrewsmortuary.com Andrews Market St. Chapel